The Talbott and Carter Simonds Foundation, founded in 1986, makes grants to qualified nonprofit organizations in Pittsburgh and New York City. The Foundation’s program interests are primarily focused on education at all levels, human services and youth development.
- New York, NY
- Pittsburgh, PA
Grants Approved, 2016
Grants Paid, 2016
The Foundation’s grant programs primarily focus on projects within the following areas:
Human / Social Services
- Applicant organizations must be classified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and as public charities under Section 509(a) of that code.
- The geographic focus of the Foundation’s grantmaking program is New York City and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- The Board reserves the right to approve grants in other locations at its discretion.
- While the Foundation entertains requests from a wide variety of organizations, most grants are initiated at the direction of the program staff and Board of Trustees of the Foundation.
- Requests are accepted only through the online application process.
- The grant portal functions best in Chrome, Safari or Firefox internet browsers.
- Applications are reviewed weekly; however, please allow sufficient time for the review and consideration, and a timely response.
- There are no fixed deadlines for the submission of applications.
- The Board of Trustees meets at least annually to approve requests, but may meet as often as every quarter.
- Please direct all questions regarding the application process to Carol Long at 412-338-3466; specific project-related questions should be directed to program staff.