The Summer Lea Hillman Foundation makes grants to organizations located in the Portland, OR region. The foundation’s interests include promoting human and social services, education, and cultural advancement and the arts. The Foundation has a particular interest in animal rescue and welfare organizations.
- Portland, OR
Grants Approved, 2017
Grants Paid, 2017
The Foundation’s grant programs primarily focus on projects within the following areas:
Cultural Advancement / Arts
Human / Social Services
- Applicant organizations must be classified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and as public charities under Section 509(a) of that code.
- The geographic focus of the Foundation’s grantmaking program is Portland, Oregon, and the surrounding area
- The Board reserves the right to approve grants in other locations at its discretion.
- While the Foundation entertains requests from a wide variety of organizations, most grants are initiated at the direction of the program staff and Board of Trustees of the Foundation.
- Requests are accepted only through the online application process.
- Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to send an email of inquiry to Program Officer, Hilary Brown, prior to applying.
- The grant portal functions best in Chrome, Safari or Firefox internet browsers.
- Applications are reviewed weekly; however, please allow sufficient time for the review and consideration, and a timely response.
- There are no fixed deadlines for the submission of applications.
- The Board of Trustees meets at least annually to approve requests, but may meet as often as every quarter.
- Please direct all questions regarding the application process to Carol Long at 412-338-3466; specific project-related questions should be directed to program staff.