The Matthew Hillman Fisher Foundation, founded in 1994, has a grant program that is mainly focused on education, human services, health, and arts organizations. The Foundation supports causes in these areas both in the United States and internationally.
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA
Grants Approved, 2018
Grants Paid, 2018
The Foundation’s grant programs primarily focus on projects within the following areas:
Cultural Advancement / Arts
Health / Medicine
Human / Social Services
- Applicant organizations must be classified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and as public charities under Section 509(a) of that code.
- While the Foundation entertains requests from a wide variety of organizations, most grants are initiated at the direction of the program staff and Board of Trustees of the Foundation.
- Requests are accepted only through the online application process.
- Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to send an email of inquiry to Program Officer, Hilary Brown, prior to applying.
- The grant portal functions best in Chrome, Safari or Firefox internet browsers.
- Applications are reviewed weekly; however, please allow sufficient time for the review and consideration, and a timely response.
- There are no fixed deadlines for the submission of applications.
- The Board of Trustees meets at least annually to approve requests, but may meet as often as every quarter.
- Please direct all questions regarding the application process to Carol Long at 412-338-3466; specific project-related questions should be directed to program staff.