The Henry John Simonds Foundation is committed to supporting the communities of Pittsburgh, PA and Southwestern Pennsylvania. Through focused grantmaking in the areas of education, cultural advancement and the arts, and community development, the Foundation works to enhance the quality of life for the region’s citizens and strives to create a more equitable and sustainable future for all.
- Pittsburgh, PA
Grants Approved, 2016
Grants Paid, 2016
The Foundation’s grant programs primarily focus on projects within the following areas:
Community / Economic Development
Cultural Advancement / Arts
Environment / Conservation
Human / Social Services
- Applicant organizations must be classified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and as public charities under Section 509(a) of that code.
- The geographic focus of the Foundation’s grantmaking program is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and New York City.
- The Board reserves the right to approve grants in other locations at its discretion.
- While the Foundation entertains requests from a wide variety of organizations, most grants are initiated at the direction of the program staff and Board of Trustees of the Foundation.
- Requests are accepted only through the online application process.
- Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to send an email of inquiry to Program Officer, Hilary Brown, prior to applying.
- The grant portal functions best in Chrome, Safari or Firefox internet browsers.
- Applications are reviewed weekly; however, please allow sufficient time for the review and consideration, and a timely response.
- There are no fixed deadlines for the submission of applications.
- The Board of Trustees meets at least annually to approve requests, but may meet as often as every quarter.
- Please direct all questions regarding the application process to Carol Long at 412-338-3466; specific project-related questions should be directed to program staff.