The Dylan Todd Simonds Foundation operates a multidimensional grant program while maintaining a core emphasis on promoting conservation and sustainability. The Foundation’s geographic focus is in San Francisco with limited interests in Pittsburgh.
- San Francisco, CA
- Pittsburgh, PA
New Grants 2016
Grant Totals 2016
The Foundation’s grant programs primarily focus on projects within the following areas:
Cultural Advancement / Arts
Environment / Conservation
- Applicant organizations must be classified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and as public charities under Section 509(a) of that code.
- The geographic focus of the Foundation’s grantmaking program is San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- The Board reserves the right to approve grants in other locations at its discretion.
- While the Foundation entertains requests from a wide variety of organizations, most grants are initiated at the direction of the program staff and Board of Trustees of the Foundation.
- Requests are accepted only through the online application process.
- The grant portal functions best in Chrome, Safari or Firefox internet browsers.
- Applications are reviewed weekly; however, please allow sufficient time for the review and consideration, and a timely response.
- There are no fixed deadlines for the submission of applications.
- The Board of Trustees meets at least annually to approve requests, but may meet as often as every quarter.
- Please direct all questions regarding the application process to Carol Long at 412-338-3466; specific project-related questions should be directed to program staff.