Founded in 1986, the Audrey Hillman Fisher Foundation has program interests in Pittsburgh, Santa Barbara, and the Squam Lakes Region of New Hampshire.
The Foundation’s giving focus is specific to each locality. In Pittsburgh, program interests emphasize health and medicine, the environment, the visual and performing arts, and human services; in Santa Barbara, the Foundation’s principal focus is on cultural advancement and the arts; in the Squam Lakes area, the Foundation focuses almost exclusively on land conservation initiatives.
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Santa Barbara, CA
- Squam Lakes, NH
New Grants 2016
Grant Totals 2016
The Foundation’s grant program primarily focuses on projects within the following areas:
Cultural Advancement / Arts
Environment / Conservation
Health / Medicine
Human / Social Services
- Applicant organizations must be classified as tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and as public charities under Section 509(a) of that code.
- The geographic focus of the Foundation’s grantmaking program is southwestern Pennsylvania, the Squam Lakes Region of New Hampshire, and the Santa Barbara, California area.
- The Board reserves the right to approve grants in other locations at its discretion.
- While the Foundation entertains requests from a wide variety of organizations, most grants are initiated at the direction of the program staff and Board of Trustees of the Foundation.
- Requests are accepted only through the online application process.
- The grant portal functions best in Chrome, Safari or Firefox internet browsers.
- Applications are reviewed weekly; however, please allow sufficient time for the review and consideration, and a timely response.
- There are no fixed deadlines for the submission of applications.
- The Board of Trustees meets at least annually to approve requests, but may meet as often as every quarter.
- Please direct all questions regarding the application process to Carol Long at 412-338-3466; specific project-related questions should be directed to program staff.